Re: gauge question, 10 V?

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: gauge question, 10 V?
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:55:25 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks Frank!
        Fired up one of theLand Rovers this weekend. The wipers started working,
on their own, intermittantly (not the usual Lucas intermittantly, but
differently, when I _didn't_ turn the switch on). Noticed on the floor mat
a combination of blue bits and mouse droppings. Disconnected the battery,
removed the dash and sure enough, the blue wiper motor wire had been used
for teething, and when it shorts to ground, the wipers come on.  Anyway,
this is all to say that Land Rover has the ballast resistor on the back of
the speedo......
        I sure hope this ends my survey.
        Peter C
--
At 09:37 PM 6/2/99 , Frank Clarici wrote:
>Toby
>The voltage stabilizer on a 69 Sprite should be mounted on the front
>bulkhead (firewall) inside the car just left of the glovebox. (give or
>take an inch)
>Up under the dash.
>Peter, only Triumph put them on the speedo that I know of.
>Toby,
>       Go with what Frank said. My apologies if you went looking in the wrong
place. Been under too many >dashes, I guess.   But, Frank.... not sure
about Only Triumphs. I'll have to check EVERY car now!
>Peter C
Peter C.
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S(spoken for),
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com