Re: gauge question, 10 V?

To: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Subject: Re: gauge question, 10 V?
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 08:38:58 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Toby,
        This is a volytge stabilizer. It's about 1" long x 3/4" wide x ~ 3/8"
thick. It is "usually" atached to the back of the speedo toward the top on
_one_ of the mounting screws. It is basically a small flasher where it gets
12V then spring heats up and bends to lose contact making 0V. Back and
forth quickly enough that it "averages" ~10V. You should be able to branch
off of it. At present only the fuel guage is connected to it. A green wire
goes to it at a terminal marked "B" (for battery) and a Light Green with
Green trace exits from terminal "I" (instrument... fuel guage in this
case). You should be able to follow that LGG wire back from the fuel guage
also.
        Happy hunting.  Peter C