Re: Why? Re: Roadster - a definition

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Why? Re: Roadster - a definition
From: derfman <derfman@eatel.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 20:03:09 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The Cobra heritage is easy.  It's "Let's get the lightest two seater
that we can cram the biggest powerplant into and make as many as
necessary to qualify to race."  30 years later it is still hard to
beat.  It is the heritage of a hybrid sports car.  It probably has more
race heritage than any other "American roadster".  You may refuse to
drive one because of a lack of "heritage"  but I certainly would love to
take a lap or two in any number of fine sports cars.  Heritage doesn't
mean much to me.  The Brits built some darn fun little cars (my '73
Midget).  I do, however have a little quirk or two.  I prefer SUs to a
Weber or two.  BUT, I'm for any mod that makes a car more fun, safe,
reliable,  etc.  I'll keep my '66 Mustang stock if you want heritage.
My Midget will have the Datsun 5-speed and Goodyear or Yokohama tires,
etc.