Re: 2 questions, cooling and fuel...not so long,

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2 questions, cooling and fuel...not so long,
From: Leigh Ellen Johnson <L.Johnson@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:41:16 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 15:07 17/06/99 -0700, Toby Atwater wrote:
>The past few days have been hot, 80+ degrees, my sprite is heating up way to
>much... the temp guage hit 130 degrees C (or about 266 F) which seems
>impossible. but it has only been really heating up today and yesterday. so
>I'm suspecting the thermostat is dieing. also I wanted to know... whats the
>operating temp of my sprite? around 90 C or around 200 degrees would be my
>guess, but I dunno. It seems to not warm up very fast on cool nights.

Just an observation - my Sprite shows a wide variance in temp between
summer and winter - in summer she runs at about 190 in general operation,
but the temp can easily rise on really hot days or longer runs to 220.  Now
that it's winter (in Oz, anyway), I'm lucky if the temp rises above 160 for
ordinary running around, and that's during the day - nights are worse.
It'll go higher on a long run, but drops again real quick.

The temp's only gone over 220 when I blew the fanbelt....

Leigh Ellen
'62 MkII Sprite - 'Ebony'