Re: 2 questions, cooling and fuel... long,

Subject: Re: 2 questions, cooling and fuel... long,
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 13:36:07 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Toby,

One thing I would also do/check are the float bowls. There is a small
cavity at the very bottom of each, where the small fuel pipe runs up to the
jets. This cavity will collect sediment from the gas and will fill up after
a while, eventually defeating it's purpose and choking your fuel supply. A
Q-tip and carb cleaner will aid in cleaning this out. Some of the deposit
will sometimes be stubborn, but can usually be completely removed with a
little perseverance.

Gerard

At 3:07 PM -0700 6/17/99, Toby Atwater wrote:
>> I had to clean the fuel system
>last week.... the old in line filter was NASTY! brown\red fuel dripping out
>of it when I turned it over. I thought my fuel system problems were solved
>when I replaced it and did my best to clean the tank (pouring clean gas
>through)... apperently not.<<

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com