Re: Rich 1500 Midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rich 1500 Midget
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 19:43:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/26/99 5:36:41 PM Central Daylight Time, tboicey@brit.ca
writes:

Yep, Trevor is correct (almost) again!!!

<<  First, check that the choke is fully coming off, that's
 usually the cause of rich running on these carbs. >>

99.9% in my experience.

<<  If that all checks out, give the adjustment a small
 turn and try the car for a while. (sorry I forget which
 way, I beleive clockwise is lean?)>>

Now here, me and Trevor have a "difference"<G>.  Folloe the shop manual and
start from square one.  The thing was prob'ly wrong to start with.  (Not that
I could be considered a "Doubting Thomas" !!

<< Don't listen to the "bin the Stromberg" crowd, if you
 know what you are doing you can make the car run very
 well indeed. >>

Yep.

Cheers..........

          Ed