Wet Ignition

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Wet Ignition
From: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:54:04 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Sprigeteers

I finished my rear suspension overhaul tonight, bled the brakes and,
despite cold (3C) and wet weather, took Smidge for a top down romp.
<GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG>  Damn fine.  I cannot believe the difference in ride and
handling that has resulted from replacement of the rear spring bushings.

But for the first time since I have owned it, she quit on me.  I suspected
wet ignition so pulled the dizzy cap, dried it off and also the coil wire
and she started right up and ran fine the rest of the way home.

I am driving out to Rally in the Valley in Vernon B.C. next Wednesday,
about 320 miles through the heart of the Canadian Rockies.  Does anybody
have a waterproofing routine?  I rarely drive my car in foul weather but
would hate to fight the problem on a longish trip if it happened to be
raining.

Thanks to all listers for ongoing inspiration and suggestions.

dave
'72 midget MkIII

p.s. anybody else from the west going to Vernon?  They are expecting 150+
Brit cars of various flavours.