Re: Fuel Starvation and Bogging down

To: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Subject: Re: Fuel Starvation and Bogging down
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:52:22 -0700
Cc: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Jackson,

I've had the same problem with the miss at 4500 RPM.  If you are running a side
wired dist. cap, I would suggest you check inside.  The screws came loose and I
was arcing inside.  It was in the mountains too.  I was at about 8000' and it
was driving me nuts.

I'm running a built up 1275 with a electric fuel pump and have never had the
fuel starvation because of the corners.  Just a bad fuel pump.  I would check
the pump, rebuild or replace with a electric.  The electric mounts under the
rear deck right side.  Right beside the tank up under the fender.  If you can
find one off of a spridget the bracket works great and it makes it easier to
replace too.

Good luck

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby