Re: LBC question (no one unsubscribe, please)

To: "HFC" <froggi@cdsnet.net>, "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:11:06 +1000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Good shocks, a sway bar, good shocks, and oh did I mention good shocks?

My bugeye also has a 3/4" saw bar, short 510lb springs, wedges at the rear,
panhard rod. I'm happy with the result but then I have to keep replacing
headers (because I crush them).

If you don't have a sway bar, get one. Get the best shocks you can afford,
these two changes will produce a car that handles pretty damn well! Make
any other changes *after* you have used that setup for a while and you
know what you really want/need. Too many people do everything at once
and are dissappointed with the result. Evolution rather than revolution.

The stock sway bar (9/16") is cheap and pretty reasonable. Most folk use
a 5/8", 11/16" or 3/4" bar for road use. For the road I think 11/16" is
pretty
good.

Mike