Re: LBC clunker

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC clunker
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 11:06:06 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/1/99 10:53:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca writes:

<< Am I looking at axles or the diff?  (Is there anything adjustable in
there?)
 It seems to be getting worse at a quicker rate.  At first, I thought it was
 the wire wheel splines but I couldn't prove it. >>

Have you discounted the splines as the problem?  You can easily check them by
jacking up the rear, putting the hand brake on tightly (or have someone mash
the brake pedal), and then try to turn rotate the wheel.  If it moves, but
the hub doesn't, you either have bad splines or loose wires.  You can
probably see which it is by seeing what is moving.  If all is tight, the
problem is elsewhere.

(been there, done that...a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.  My TR4A
had bad splines back in 1970.)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport