Re: New Minilites and tires .... followup

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Minilites and tires .... followup
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 18:24:54 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mymgmidget@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks to the list on suggesting tire sizes for the Midget and the new
> Minilites.  I went with the majority and bought 165/70 13's.   I don't know
> how anyone squeezed larger tires in there but the 165's fit PERFECT ... 1/2
> inch of clearance on both wheels.  No rubbing, even on heavy cornering,  What
> a difference in road feel.  Feels like I'm glued to the road.  Now to the
> next phase..... a bigger sway bar in the front.  Any suggestions ???
>
> Mike

You must have a square arch car, I have 165/80 r13's on the 73 Midget,
and whopping 185/60 r13's on the 72. But the 72 is sitting on 83 Accord
alloy rims that are a little wider, and both of these are round arch
cars. The 69 Sprite falls right in between at 175/70 r13, which is of
course a square arch. I have not had any rubbing problems with it, but
it has seen limited road time.

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC