Midget tips and modified tools

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget tips and modified tools
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 18:52:23 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Not having much experience with Midgets I can't offer much help.  But
in lieu of experience I offer these tips.  I have found the following
modified tools to be much help when working on a Midget.

        1.  1/2" and 9/16" open end wrench.  Grind off most of both
        sides.  Really handy for tight nuts.  Works great on the Z-s
        carb bolts on my 77.

        2.  One set of wobble extensions.  Very handy.  Using a couple
        of these things makes it really easy to get off the mech. fuel
        pump.  I can now do it in under 2 mins.

        3.  One open end wrench, 1/2" on one side and 9/16" on the other.
        Bend the thing in the middle about 30 to 40 degrees.  Fits in
        all kinds of places including between the intake and exhaust
        manifolds.

        4.  Beer.

I am sure most of the experienced lister already have these tools and
many more in their tool boxes.  But for us beginners these tips could
be a life saver.  I have found these modified tools very handy.
They have saved me at least 10,228 swear words in the last year.  I
think the Midget was assemble by a team of people from 7 foot tall
to about 4 inches tall.  So that is my contribution to the list for July.

Later,

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei