Re: timing belt

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "derfman" <derfman@eatel.net>
Subject: Re: timing belt
From: "Ric Bergstrom" <Ric_Bergstrom@britishcarclub.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:54:48 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I should be able to find a belt.  Haven't  tried too hard yet.  I've
never owned a spridget without one.

>From what I understand they are more stable in terms  of cam timing
and are longer lasting.  I know this belt is at least from the mid
80's.  I have no idea how many miles are on it (speedo is dead)

I suppose it would be quieter too.

This one blocked off the crankcase vent.  Had to rectify that so it
wouldn't blow oil out everywhere.

Ric