front shock oil

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: front shock oil
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:55:10 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I was trying to change the oil in my front shocks, and I can't seem to get
all of the air out of them. I can feel and hear bubbles when I work them.

Is there a standard procedure for refilling the front shocks?

BTW, I got my thermostat housing off in just a couple of hours yesterday
thanks to the excellent advice I got from this list. It goes back on with
grade-5 bolts. And that reminds me-- should I do anything to keep the bolt
shafts from freezing to the housing like the studs did? Or is that a lot
less of a problem with bolts?

Thanks in advance. I could never do this stuff right without the help I get
here!

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye (1275)
Clemmons, NC