Re: wire wheels

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheels
From: "Alan Inglis" <ainglis@bcresearch.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:16:45 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

As an ex-Brit, I believe tin-foil would be aluminium foil which would be
aluminum foil which I keep in the kitchen!
---------------------- Forwarded by Alan Inglis/BC Research/CA on 07/14/99 09:14
AM ---------------------------

"Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca> on 07/14/99 04:06:06 AM

Please respond to "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>

 To:      "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>

 cc:      (bcc: Alan Inglis/BC Research/CA)

Of the places that I have looked, AHSpares seems to have the best price for
hubs, but I don't know about shipping yet tho'.

With the prices of these things, and my budget what it isn't, I'll probably
be doing it a piece at a time.

AHSpares also has rebuilt wheels for sale.  On the downside of that, is that
you have to return 'cores'.  More shipping, ... and then the question, do
they have to get the cores before they ship?  (down time)

On their tech page, someone has offered 'tin foil' wrapped around the hub
splines as a stop-gap measure.  Uh ... by stop-gap, I mean 'temporary fix'.

Do Brits mean the same thing as we do by: 'tin-foil'?

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca