Re: High dollar Sprites

To: <Metallian6@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High dollar Sprites
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:49:02 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
How bout my Friend that Did a concours restoration on a Rubber Bumper
Midget?  and spend $10,000 doing it... couldn't believe it when he sold it
for $12,000 .... but again you go find a quality car that is as nice as a
true concours car for $12,000...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: Metallian6@aol.com
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: High dollar Sprites
> Date: Monday, July 19, 1999 7:40 PM
>
> I few years ago a man found out I owned a 1962 Sprite Mkll and offered me

> $5000.00 sight unseen. I told him that first of all it wasn't for sale at
any
> price. Second it was a rust bucket and did not run, hasn't run since
1977. He
> didn't care and again offered me $5000.00. Yes, you are reading this
> correctly, five thousand dollars. I said no again and that was the end of

> that. Like I told him some things don't have a price. But I think most
people
> would have sold especially with the condition it was in. But then again
most
> people think I'm a little odd anyway.
>
> Jamie
> 1962 AH Sprite Mkll (In restoration and priceless......to me.)
> Web site link:  <A
> HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>1962
Austin-Healey