Re: spridget down, help!

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: spridget down, help!
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:10:39 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff,
        Take dizzy cap off (leave wires attached) Turn key to on... with your
fingers open and close the points. Should here clicking or see sparks. If
not, verify the low-tension lead is in tact.
        Better yet, assuming you have an electrical tach, while cranking does
the
needle move? If yes, then coil is firing and points are working, If no,
then coil is NOT firing, then go to paragraph above.
        HTH   Peter C
----