FYI On Electronic Speedometers

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FYI On Electronic Speedometers
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:25:50 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I picked up a 100 mm VDO electronic speedometer and VDO GM type hall effect
sending unit for my Bugeye.

The sender fits the Rivergate gearbox speedometer adapter perfectly.

The size and threads are the same as  the Datsun 210 transmission but the
driving shaft does not mate with the receptacle on the 210. You either need
the Rivergate gearbox adapter or you might be able to make a shaft from a
section of the 210 cable.

The sender comes with enough wire to reach the speedometer and just needs
spade connectors attached to hook to the speedometer. Other than that, it
just requires a switched hot wire and a ground plus light bulbs. It's
interesting in that it has two light bulbs instead of one.

Calibration consists of driving a measured mile in calibrate mode. The
setting can then be tweaked for fine tuning.

Should get it installed and calibrated this weekend. I'll let you know how
it turns out.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com
Ever Feel Like You Are Diagonally Parked In a Parallel Universe?