Re: Tranny questions..rebuild vs rivergate

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tranny questions..rebuild vs rivergate
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:42:16 -0500
Cc: Ric_Bergstrom@britishcarclub.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Folks,
        Take note. The rebuild kits recently offered MUST be used as a kit.
Beware
of vendors who offer new stock of individual components. My understanding
is they are made by Innocenti (excuse me, I have to sniffle here.....ok)
and they work ok as a set, but raise h**l if mixed with used or NOS gears
and shafts.
        Peter C
At 03:19 PM 7/22/99 , Bkitterer@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 7/22/99 5:13:27 AM, Ric_Bergstrom@britishcarclub.com
>writes:
>
><< Does anyone sell a rebuild package?  Or is it pick and choose from
>the catalogs? >>
>
>Rick,
>
>VB did sell a transmission overhaul kit for $150 which included a new
>layshaft, synchro rings, bearings and gaskets.  We used this kit on our car
>(street use) and in almost three years now have had no problems.
>
>Bob and Annice
>1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
>1966 Sprite Mk III (in boxes)

Peter Caldwell