RE: Was "RE: Cylinders 1 & 2 Sooty !" now acronyms (nolbc)

To: "'Peter C.'" <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: RE: Was "RE: Cylinders 1 & 2 Sooty !" now acronyms (nolbc)
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:10:13 -0700
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Now THAT! is funny..

 And now for some thing completely different......

'62 MKII with 1275. Twin SU's (from '67)  I'm not sure which needles I have,
I'm going to have to check.
I'm having mixture challenges.
I can get a nice even clean idle, but then I lean way out in mid throttle.
motor stumbles etc.  Sounds fair wide open. Or I set a fat idle , mids ok,
pulls real strong, can't stay wide open very long before it starts to drop
off.
 Can I thin the middle of the needles to richen them up without changing my
Idle mixture? is there a book on this? Is there a needle selection guide?
 And then there's the 4000 foot elevation change between home and the
office.  Clean running peppy Spot becomes a slightly smelly dog at work.