Re: EFI

To: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: EFI
From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:25:41 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Dustin J <carterd@oit.edu>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry and fellow Spridgeteers,

My Son and a fellow graduate student at Oregon Institute of Technology  have
just finished designing and building a fuel injection unit.  They will be
installing it on FROGGI starting Thursday.

My Son has a degree in Electronic Engineering and is finishing up his Computer
Science Engineering Technology degree (CSET).  His partner in this venture is
mastering in  hardware engineering (CSET) and has a degree in Software
Engineering as well.

Their primary goal was to design a system that would use as many "stock" parts
from the car as possible.  In brief, the system they designed will employ the SU
carbs as throttle bodies.

I've seen their work thus far and it's quite impressive if I do say so myself.
Apart from the "brain box" all components needed are over the counter from local
parts stores.  One feature of their system is that it will automatically adjust
the A/F ratio
if you were to change cams or even supercharge the engine.

There is far more to this than I've just covered, so keep an open mind.  If all
works out the system may be sold to other Spridgeteers...at an affordable price.

I'll keep you posted.

WFO Herb
Keep the sticky side down!
P.S. Dustin, my Son, also built an ABS/Traction Control system that will soon be
going on the car.