Re: Engine # ID?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine # ID?
From: Rick Snover <rsnover@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 06:50:30 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Not at work yet (it's still too early out here), but it looks like the
motor's out of an Innocenti Sypder.  From "Original Sprite & Midget",
page 67:

"Semi-CKD kits bound for Milan to be built as Innocenti versions
continued to use home market chassis numbers but had engine number
prefixes as follows: Innocenti Spyder, up to 1963, 948cc, 9CB; Innocenti
'S', 1963 onwards, 1098cc, 10CB."

and under "Changes By Engine Number" on page 73, it looks like serial
number 4336 would have been in June 1961.

--
Rick Snover, San Diego, CA
http://www.netcom.com/~rsnover/