Re: Top Protection - Need a Lawyer?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Top Protection - Need a Lawyer?
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 18:57:23 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daryl and Jennifer May wrote:

> Thanks y'all.
>
> The mover has to drive this car on to the transporter, which means he has
> to be able to open the door and see through the windshield - so that would
> seem to limit the extent of any wrapping I can do.  I am starting to feel
> extra dumb, but I can't figure out a fore-and-aft wrapping arrangement,
> just a left-to-right one - and that's what opening the door prevents.
>
> Everyone tells me that I won't be allowed to do the wrapping once the car
> is way up on the transporter - and nor will the driver.
>
> Frank, the snap locks at the top of the windshield tend to detach at high
> speeds, and I figure that the transporters will do 75 mph while I seldom
> exceed 60 mph.
>
> Please keep the ideas coming!
>
> ----------
> > From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
> > To: Daryl and Jennifer May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
> > Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> > Subject: Re: Top Protection - Need a Lawyer?
> > Date: Saturday, July 31, 1999 1:52 PM
> >
> > 1st question to you is why do you think the top will not withstand hiway
> > speeds while on a truck?
> > It withstands hiway speeds when it is driven!
> > And if the top is that bad, maybe stop at a marina and have them shrink
> > wrap the car.
> > Mt racer Midget is shrink wrapped just around the open cockpit. It keeps
> > it nice and dry.
> >

> > --
> > Frank Clarici
> > Toms River, NJ
> > Bugeye Sprite
> > 67 Sprite
> > 59 A40
> > http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/
Am I wrong to assume that you have another car? pack everything into it
and put it on the transporter. Then get your hat, and scarf if you are
Larry :-), and hit the road. Sound like a good excuse for a road trip...

Mark Snowdon
Jealous of anyone who has a driveable flip top

69 Sprite,less fenders
73 Midget,in a million pieces
72 Midget,complete but not running and being worked on until something
else is done
80 Fiat Spider, cant get out of the garage for two race cars in pieces