secret identity of fiberglass nose

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: secret identity of fiberglass nose
From: "cfchrist" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 00:44:14 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
at import carlisle i bought a damaged fiberglass front end with the intent
of eventually installing it on my bugeye.  at first it was thought to be a
speedwell but then not.  it does not use the bugeye grille, and has a small
raised peak running down the center to the top of the grille opening.  the
headlights are in the fenders similar to an xke or a ferrarii gto.  not
fearing glass work it will be an easy repair to return it's structure to a
state of soundness.  i just would really like to identify it's manufacturer.
the grille opening resembles a jabro mk1. (wich so happens to be 1 sitting
in my shop right now).  it is definitly a period piece since a headlight
bucket came attached to it with cloth wraped wiring.  i do need an inner
structure from a bugeye front end at the hood hinges any one have a wrecked
or rotted front end that they might consider cutting out the 2 rear fender
reinforcements and reinf at rear of hood where hindges mount?  probably not
but just hoped that maybeeeeeee?  ok gang any ideas?  oh yes i called
speedwell and they definitly said that it was not theirs due to the peak
running down the center of hood aerea.   thanks.  chuck.