goofy question: are tail lights "handed"

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: goofy question: are tail lights "handed"
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:29:11 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello list:

I am back after an extremely busy summer that saw me add 4 spots to my 2 car
garage. Actually, given the size of Spridgets, I could probably fit 8 of 'em
in there. The real miracle is: 3 months of construction and I only had to go
to the hospital emergency once!

Anyway, I am back to assembling the '58 Bugeye and I have a question. Are
the tail lights "handed"? I had a buddy come over who owns a bodyshop and he
looked at them and said they were definately different (as in left and
right).I think he has been inhaling too much paint fumes. As far as I can
tell, they are supposed to be "straight" (parallel to and pointing in the
same direction as the wheels). The parts manual does not specify seperate
part numbers. I have switched them back and forth three times and I can't
tell the difference. Of course, maybe I have two lefties or two righties.
Then again, maybe I've been staring at them too long!

Any ideas?

Daniel58612