Re: self destructing 1098!

To: mikeg@vicnet.net.au, trunkie@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: self destructing 1098!
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 21:53:51 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/14/99 9:44:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mikeg@vicnet.net.au writes:

<< I'd be
 hot tanking the block and cleaning out all the oil passages. >>

I agree with Mike here.  While you have the engine out, it seems to be a
false economy to me to not do the whole job.  It is hard to tell what led to
the destruction of the bearing.  The cost is not really that much more for
the peace of mind you will have once the job is completed.  Check the clutch
surface and throw out bearing too.  If money is really tight then you might
have to make choices, but with the engine out it is the time to inspect and
redo as much as you can.

--David