Re: self destructing 1098!

To: mikeg@vicnet.net.au
Subject: Re: self destructing 1098!
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 06:28:51 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,

I figured on getting KG eng. or Link Auto. to do my crank, any clue as to
how much dipping the block, and having cam bearings pressed in will be?
(major budget limitations apply)
Any suggestions as to suppliers of bearings etc.? Does anyone sell a full
rebuild kit with gaskets, bearings, rings, welsh plugs etc?
I've only called places that are open on weekends so far, which didn't
turn up much.
I haven't seen pistons quite like these before...they have a ring (oil
control?) below the gudgeon pin and some sort of 'vent' through the sides
above the gudgeon pin and below the rings. There is a symbol inside like the
letters AE joined into one letter.
Andy
P.S.  so would you say stick with Mobil 1 after the rebuild?