Re: Event participation??

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Event participation??
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:18:16 -0400
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,

There's no need for you to apologize for not registering for this event.  If
it were required to pay an admission charge for looking at the cars, there
would have been someone standing at the entrance selling tickets who would
not have let you in without paying, like at most of the car shows I've been
to.  The fact that there was not implies to me that everyone is invited to
come on in and look around for free.  I would not have paid $95 to look
around at the cars either.  A $2 or $3 admission charge would have been
appropriate, but was apparently not required.  It doesn't matter whether you
were there for 2 hours or 2 days; it is still presumptuous of anyone to
expect you to pay $95 just to look at a bunch of cars, no matter how nicely
restored they are.  I know that if I were showing a car, I would much rather
have thousands of people come to look at it for free than to have no one
look at it because they did not want to pay $95 to get in!

Bob