Re: Event participation??

To: toyman@htcomp.net
Subject: Re: Event participation??
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:12:56 EDT
Cc: boxweed@thebest.net, macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/15/99 6:05:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
toyman@htcomp.net writes:

<< is this kind of infighting between the big
 Healey owners and the (obviously lesser) Spridget owners indicative of the
 treatment I can expect to receive should I decide to attend a Healey meet
here in
 Texas? >>

I dunno about Texas, Brad, or AHCUSA, but I am a member of the Smoky Mountain
Austin Healy Club, a branch of AHCA.  I don't even drive an Austin Healey
product, but have a Sprite under restoration.  I drive my '79 Midget to all
club functions.  I have never felt looked down upon or been treated by the
big Healey guys in the club as though I didn't belong.  I have even led
drives, with my Midget leading several 3000's throught the Tennessee
mountains. I even joked to them that "If any of you guys in those Big Healeys
have trouble keeping up with me, just flash your lights."  It was all, as
everything seems to be here, taken in good humor.

 <<But I will NEVER register my
 Sprite in any event as I feel it is not a good restoration,so this
eliminates me
 from attending, if I understand Ed correctly,SO,why do I need to be a member
of
 AHCUSA,to notify me of events I'm not welcome at?? >>

Well our registration fees are in the neighborhood of $15-20 or so.  I like
to register and pull my Midget right into the center of things for two
reasons.  First, while my Midget isnt the best and won't win anything at the
shows, I still have pride in it and like for people to see it--I consider it
as good as anything anybody else has there, and Secondly, you can't ask for
better parking.

--David