Re: Wire Wheel Woes

To: "shawn tobin" <suhs2@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Woes
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:25:15 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You will run into alot of young tire people who can be very entertaining if
you aren't in a hurry.  I took a flat into a Wards auto center one time to
get a flat fixed (it was the only place open on a Sunday).  The look on the
guys face when he 1) put the whole wheel into the tank of water and watched
airbubles coming out of the spokes.
2) ran to his boss to try and figure out how to get the darn valve stem
loose from the rim.  3)  Spent almost an hour trying to spin balance the
thing when he was done.  I worked as a tire mechanic when I was in college,
so I finally had to bend their rules and balance the thing myself.

Ultimately, you might have to take your trusty shop manual with you when you
buy tires/tubes just to prove thats how it is supposed to be

David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon