Re: Local Shops, Was Re: Wire Wheel Woes (NO LBC content)

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Local Shops, Was Re: Wire Wheel Woes (NO LBC content)
From: "R. C. Brown" <rcbrown@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:03:15 -0500
Cc: shawn tobin <suhs2@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Although Shawn had the original tube problem with Discount Tire
(a large chain) they can be just as helpful as a small shop. Just
do business with the regularly and develop a rapport with the staff.
Yes the staff does turn over, but usually in each store there is some
level of stability. I have Discount Tire tires on two Sprites, and my
Maxima.
Last month I approached Discount Tire to DONATE a set of tires
for the Sprite our local club (Midwest Region AHCA) is raffling off in
Septmeber. Not only did they donate the tires, but mounted, balanced
(asking if I only wanted weights on the back to preserve the look) and
included their replacement policy. All my Sprite wheels are not
wires but I doubt that the tubes would be an issue.
Don't assume that all large chains stores are not LBC freindly.
Bob