Re: Alignment

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alignment
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 01:22:49 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/25/99 3:11:56 PM, gottstein@erols.com writes:

<< I really badly need to get my wheels aligned so I don't chew up tires in a
month.  My problem is that everywhere around me won't do my Midget because
it's not on the "computer" and they don't want to be responsible for the
outcome.  I've called a lot of places, too.

John,

You need to find a shop that has someone who knows how to get into the
"Manual Mode" of the alignment computer.  They can then enter the Camber and
Castor angle's and the toe in and then will be able to do the alignment.  For
1968 and older cars these numbers are:
Camber angle = 3/4 degree
Castor angle = 3 degrees
Toe in = 0 to 1/8 inch

We have found that some of the racks on newer alignment machines are too wide
for our Bugeye.

Good Luck

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)