Re: Alignment

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alignment
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 01:36:07 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/26/99 5:01:42 AM, davidr@sunset.net writes:

<< The Ford dealership I work at was able to align my Midget, and the specs
were on the computer.  The only thing that can be adjusted is toe-in. >>

David,

You are correct in that the toe-in is the only thing that has adjustable
fittings.  But some adjustment to the Caster/Camber can be made by putting
forked wedged shims under the shocks at the shock bolts.  Our Bugeye has been
"adjusted" this way for about 39 years.  Finding someone who knows how to do
this or even has the parts may be a big problem.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (in boxes)
Judson Supercharger (in boxes)