Re: Off to the body shop

To: mhanna@ball.com, harris@lightspeed.net
Subject: Re: Off to the body shop
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:52:31 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/28/99 12:23:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mhanna@ball.com
writes:

<< . It is a
 very satisfying experience to save one of these wonderful cars . >>

Lord knows!!!  Just before readnig this post I turned my body shell back over
to rightside up after welding both floor panels in on the bottom side.  Now
to weld the interior to the floor!  And I was looking at what I had done over
the past year and a half--replaced nearly the entire lower half of the car
('67 Sprite).   Some of the panels I have fabricated out of sheet metal and
some, including the floors, are pre-made made in England panels.  I think the
only thing I havent replaced are the interior rocker panels and about 2/3 of
the frame cross member and the forward frame itself,  although I did cut out
about 8" of the frame, fashion a new piece, and weld it in.  The satisfaction
level is very high, although I have a long way to go.   I have both A-Posts
to go yet, rear fenders, and some auxillary welding and piecing.

Now if only the doors will fit and my crude welds will hold together at 60
mph in those curves.   8^)

---David C.