RE: 1275 Oil Filters

To: "chuck" <chuckc@ibm.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1275 Oil Filters
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:32:51 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Chuck,

I'm running Fram PH3614 filters on my two Minis (997cc and 1275S), it's
another 3/4"x16 thread, and close to the same size.  And they're both "A"
series engines.

My '76 Spitfire autocrosser came with a PH966B on it... and rather than kill
myself tracking them down I've settled on a PH43 for that car.  Seems to
work well when the temp is above 40 degrees (popped a filter off the thread
with cold 20W50 two years ago :-(

Napa stores are usually good about stocking the Wix filters (or ordering
them for you), my local store even stocks the cartridge I need for my '46
Ford 9N tractor.  Ok, it also fits one of the Mercedes models.

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas, TX