Re: Jaguar conversion

To: Tim Osborne <timos@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Jaguar conversion
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 10:29:24 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Tim,

Agree with you on the point of a well maintained engine.  Unfortunately most of
these cars were owned by the Upper class of our society, they are lucky to know
where the gas goes, none the less that the engine needs oil changes.  No
offense intended.  Most were driven by Women and the hoods never even opened.
Now if you can find a good one, with a good engine then I wouldn't replace it.
The V12 is the fastest engine I've ever driven.  It flies, at 90 mph you can
still stomp on her and feel the acceleration throw you back.  This is speaking
from experience as we still own a v12 coupe.  Now it is a nightmare to work
on.   It is not the engine, but the electrical of the Jag that make her hard.
They even have a computer for the climate control, I counted 3 in the engine
bay alone.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby