Re: Installation help with Maniflow header

To: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>
Subject: Re: Installation help with Maniflow header
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 21:55:13 -0700
Cc: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
----- Original Message -----
From: <type79@ix.netcom.com>
To: Greg Gowins <cartman@dnai.com>
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 1999 7:22 PM

> Greg,
> If this header is similar to the LCB type header, It cannot be installed
with
> the engine in place. In my experience, it must be laterally inserted
between
> the frame rails and then held upright while the engine is installed and
then
> bolted to the head.
> Jay Fishbein, CT

I managed to install a LCB header with engine in.  Had to remove the heater
box, and the valve cover.  Remove left engine mount.  Jack up the engine
from below as far as it will go.  Remove excess metal from passage that the
header drops through, and bend lip down, maximizing the size of this hole.
It will go, but I learned some new words in the process.

David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon