On a dilemma of the horns

To: "John C. Gottstein" <gottstein@erols.com>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: On a dilemma of the horns
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:13:31 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
John
        This begs the question, and I'm not trying to be a smart a** here, but
why
did you remove the horns, and what did you do when and while they were
removed? They really are not all that complicated. As you've noted, power
goes in one end, comes out the other and returns to the switch which when
activated completes ground and ....thar she blows! The purple wire (power
in) should go to the first horn and to the second horn. The purple with
black tracer should leave the first horn and the second to make its way
back to the switch. I'm not sure of your description of the wires below.
Use a test lite, connect clip to ground and probe the purple wires. The
one's that lite are the ones for the horn, the ones that don't are the
return to the switch. There is a way to use an ohm meter too, but I'm
getting verbose and David will yell at me;-)
        HTH   Peter C
----