Trenton answers (No LBC content)

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trenton answers (No LBC content)
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 00:26:31 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The winner to the two Trenton, NJ trivia questions was
Charles D. Sorkin.  He had the first e-mail answer to
me and it was about 3/4 correct.  The first question

        1.  What does it say on the "Trenton Makes" Bridge?

"Trenton Makes the World Takes"

and the second question which stumped all comer was

        2. What is Trenton's most famous beverage?

and Charles answered, "I'm sure its something foul." Which is both
a good answer and correct.  The answer that I was looking for was
"Champale, The Champagne of Beers".  Yes this was brewed in scenic
Trenton.  I had tried a bottle of this stuff when I was younger and
I would describe it a  bubbly and very sweet beer.  Kind of
gross.  Nobody on the list came up with Champale.  If you search the
web for Champale you will find the brewery that has the brand and
one report from the NJ Department of Environmental Protection.  Must
have spilled some Champale at the brewery site.  It was an
interesting product, sort of like "Cocktails in a can" or "Tango"

Bill "Showing my age, and time spent in the liquor stores" Gilroy
90 Shar-Pei
77 Midget
1 can of recycled Champale