LBC frustration....

Subject: LBC frustration....
From: "R. Toby Atwater" <toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 03:03:19 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I guess there is a LBC cycle: work, work, fun, joy,  frustration, work....
repeat

I'm in the frustration period.

    After my original Lucas generator gave out, I ended up replacing it with
a "Lucas replacement" from M**S. Well the thing works one minute than it
doesn't... Im suspecting my regulator is now at fault, Ive got to fix that.
I also just installed a radio recently... I dont think that could draw more
than a few amps so I dont think thats the prob.

    I noticed today my oil pressure was around 40 psi (running mildly fast
rpm) ... the gauge goes to around a 100 if I remember right, and I thought
the first day I started it up it was at 60 psi but I could be mistaken....
What should it be at?

    A month or so ago I broke a fan blade against the radiator causing me to
get them replaced, fixed in that order. I bolted the radiator down good (it
was missing some bolts before) and I thought my probs were solved. No. Broke
another blade yesterday and another blade today. Motor mounts? could the
engine be flying around in the engine bay?

    Gas mileage... Im getting horrible gas mileage, around 15 mpg. I suspect
one of my floats is flooding... there is a hole at the top of the float
cover and every so often it sputters raw gas outa there. I changed floats
but to no avail. It still does it. Are you supposed to shim the float with
washers so the valve opens and closes at the right level? With no shims it
seemed level like Haynes says it should. could my valve be sticking? I blew
into it and it seemed fine.

This is a 69 Sprite BTW... Thanks for all your help..

BTW the blank shirts for the Spridget shirts are being ordered as we
speak... better late than never...

Thanks for everything...

Toby
Toby Atwater,   Santa Barbara, CA, r.toby.atwater@worldnet.att.net