Re: Go-karts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Go-karts
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:01:26 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert Duquette wrote:

> What cornering strategy can I use?  We had such a gas that everyone wants to
> do it again.

We have a saying in racing that applies here, It is "slow down to go
faster." If you are getting rear wheel shudder and sliding the rear end
you are being too agressive. I know because I was try too hard last
night in my stock car and fried my right rear in 50 laps. Sometimes you
need to back off the throttle a little earlier to set the car in the
corner better then you can accelerate sooner out of the corner and thus
have a better straightaway speed. The tires will get slippery when they
get hot, and if you can keep them cool they will grip better. Try this
and see what you think.

Mark Snowdon
Nascar Sportsman #71
69 Sprite