Re: moss fall fest.

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: moss fall fest.
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:21:21 -0400
Cc: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

>> In a message dated 09/18/1999 4:34:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>> cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:
>>
>> << got there a little late!  about 12:30 with family in tow.   found a nice
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> I got there early, since I get up early.  It took nearly two hours in the
> Mitsubishi, but I was there at 10 and stayed until noon.  Sorry I missed you

And I didn't get there at all.  That rat bastard Floyd suck up all
of my time.  I wanted to go but instead I delivered
~200 Gallons of drinking water to my three sisters. One lives in Manivlle,
one in Bound Brook and the last in Middlesex.  The loses in my family
were small, the contents of one garage and some car damage.  The car
was parked on a road that no one ever remembers flooding.

The national guard stop me from going into Bound Brook.  They required
a Bound Brook ID.  I had to my sister come to the check point and
get me.  Talk about being carded!

Spent the rest of the day cleaning out my one sisters garage then power
washing off and out the mud.  Then I spent part of the afternoon and
evening helping another friend remove the last of his carpet and the
remove the some of the damaged sheetrock.  His house took about 2 feet
of water.  That is better than my other friend who lives on the Millstone
River.  Their house had about 12 to 15 feet of water.  They saw the
water rising, start to move the contents (important stuff) from the
first floor to the second. When the water enter the first floor they
went to the second floor (a loft) and pick up the content of their office
and placed on the shelves etc.  Then the turned to leave only to find
the water already up to the second floor.  The think this took less
than 30 mins.  Luckily (sp?) they had a ladder in the loft and my friend
used that to break open the skylight (his wife was starting to panic
since she was standing in about 2 feet of water).  They climbed onto
the roof, tried to gauge the current, jumped in and swam to shore.
Everyone I talked to was amazed at how fast the waters rose.  One of
my sisters friends almost got trapped in a bakery in  Bound
Brook.  Anyway I would have rather been as Moss fest since flood
water mud is really stinky.

Bill Gilroy