Re: Car show judging

To: BILL <billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: Car show judging
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:31:18 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
BILL wrote:

> As an SCCA concour judge, I will answer what cleanliness has to do with
> judging. It's about attention to detail. While this case may have been
> extreme it did break a tie and in some "marque" shows (MG only, Porsche
> only, etc.) that is how they judge. I've judged many cars over the years
> that were beautiful on the exterior and interior but when I looked
> underneath some of these "garage queens" I found spider webs, dust, dirt
> as well as caked on, dried grease. That's inattention to detail. If the

Heck, my car has plenty of oil and grease underneath.  The stuff has leaked
out of both ends and sometimes in large amounts.  I was going to clean it
off but I figured it would just be replaced with rust.  Anyway a bit
comes off on me each time I work on the car.  TIC.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget, with rust proofing added with every drive
90 Shar-Pei getting rust in his joints