Re: SWAG Rt 49 Update, long 1st day Cont.

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SWAG Rt 49 Update, long 1st day Cont.
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:03:23 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi All the saga continues,

When we arrived in Sonora/Jamestown area My nickname was permanently
changed.  This is where I became the leader.  Too bad I didn't plan the trip
because I didn't  know the route.  We continued on up rt. 49 for about a
hour to find the Mokelumne pro nounced 'mo-call-la-me'.  Where we turned off
to go Panning.  "There's gold in them there hills."  This is where we all
are to get a case of gold fever.  Boy we panned that river dry.  The water
was sooooo cold my eyes started to freeze.  It was a lot of fun.  I got a
whopping single flake out of a half hour of work in freezing cold water.  I
was rich, yeah right.

We continued on for a couple of hours or a couple of wrong turns which ever
you like to call it.  I average about one bad turn an hour.  Arrived at
Placerville where I promptly got us lost and turned into a little side
park.  It took us almost an hour to get all the cars back out of the park,
traffic just wouldn't let us out.

We finally found our hotels, and checked in.  It was a nice clean, cheep
hotel.  Crashes even came with a free can of bug spray to keep him company
through the night.  Mine I had to put up with the roaches playing cards all
night.  Every time they shuffled the deck it woke me up.

To make matters worse  when we got back from our barbecue we were in formed
by the desk clerk that we had no cold water.  So we couldn't flush.  But
that's all right at least we didn't have to take a cold shower like some of
our group had to in the morning..

We continued on up to Pat and Amy's house for the Barbecue.  Had a great
dinner, thanks Amy, where we laughed for hours about various wrong turn
excursions.  What can I say I like the unknown road.  We left and since
nobody would take over the lead, it was dark, I elected my self to get
everyone lost.  Well I believe I tied Crashes world record.  How about a
half of block before I made my first wrong turn,  turn left, okay right
turn.  To top it all off I missed the freeway exit to our hotel.  What a
perfect way to end a perfect trip.  8~}

Still smiling can't wipe the silly grin off my face
Wrong way Rickie  Going to work.

Rick