SWAG Rt 49 Update, long 1st day

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SWAG Rt 49 Update, long 1st day
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:08:48 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Spridgeteers,

I know SWAG Means something else, But some how I guess it kind of fits
this group.  It actually means Spridget Wild Adventure Group.  We were
just mistaken all those years, or is that the way we find our
destination.  I'm not sure any more.

Early reports are that a new world record has occurred.  Yep, you
guessed it.  Some one who will remain nameless, but wasn't me, has lost
half the entire tour group before leaving Mariposa.  That was the town
we met in to start the journey up Rt. 49.  It was about 2 miles and they
were gone.  Half the group disappeared of the face of the Earth.  Does
this sound like a bermuda triangle type event or what.  Now I can
understand loosing half a group in a town like Merced, or even
Sacramento,  But this town is so small it doesn't even have a stop
light.  How in world can we loose half the members.

Any ways, after much confusion many laughs, and one member's trip to
Yosemite we managed to regroup.  Wow, think how the rest of the tour
went if this is the way we started.

Now for my problem,  You see I've always had this thing for authority.
You know, if my boss tells me to do something one way I have to prove it
can be done another way.  Even if it Takes twice as long, I am
determined to do it.  So when the leader tells me to turn left,
Straight looks good to me and off we went.  This didn't work to well.
Right turn ahead yep it sure was "turn left".  Maybe my car was trying
to tell me something, it kept wanting to go home.  In fact, that's why I
think it made half them turns.  You didn't think I would make all those
mistakes did You?  I blame it on Puddles, Honest.

We continued up the road after a two hour regrouping to Coulterville.
Where we invaded the local restaurant and were promptly told that we
would have to wait an hour almost to be seated.  There was four empty
tables across the room that I could see.  Personally, I believe she was
real smart, and realized that they could not handle a group of this size
in this town of 120 people.  We had to invade a sandwich shop across the
only street.  It was a one women shop.  You know the kind, Chief cook
and bottle washer here.  Hey, she did wonderful for one person.  No
complaints, no problems, She worked as fast as she could.  We ate one
couple at a time.  She could only prepare one order at once because here
grill only held two hamburger patty's at a time.  Now that's a small
time town.  8~}

With crash in the lead we took off again.  Burning up them curves.
Great fun, the Sprite in fact were out in front the whole way and we
kind off left everyone except the Po*che because well we were really
moving good around the corners.  On a  corner we passed a Nissan that
was in front and obviously terrified of the curves due to the fact that
she slowed down to 20 on a 40 MPH curve.  I guess we must startled him,
as both Crash on one corner and Me on the next followed by the Po*che,
driven by Larry & Sandy, blew by them.  The Nissan  pulled over at the
next pull out that they had been ignoring until then to let the rest of
us by.  When the rest of the group went by I understand he had a
startled  look and was shaking his head when everyone else past. Oops
Sorry, it was safe we could see a long ways off but the lines were a
little solid.

As a result of this last trip a few nick names have been changed.

Signing off

Wrong way Rick,
And proud of it.
.
BTW this is an early report, and I will continue tomorrow on the hotel,
few more wrong turns, dinner (Great Dinner). Thanks Amy.

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby