Re: Can you lift your Spridget?

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Can you lift your Spridget?
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:39:56 -0400
Cc: "\"Lisa \\\"Ann\\\" Perry\"" <Lisa.Perry4@gte.net>, cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have discovered a great trick to pull at cars shows with my Berkeley.

Invariably, 8-12 yr olds are drawn to the car (probably due to the size
and strange appearance... kids that would never touch a show car often
open the door to get in!  I think it's cool that it has that type of
effect on them).  After explaining it came from the factory with only 3
wheels, I then reach down and casually lift the back end off the ground
a couple of feet.

About 1 out of 4 stands there simply dumbfounded.  (One Mom said "Great
going! Now she'll tell all her friends at school that she saw a guy pick
up his car and nobody will believe her!")

BTW, the back end of a Berk is about 100lbs... whole car's under 800.

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI