Fans (Re: More on the Heat thread)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fans (Re: More on the Heat thread)
From: andi payn <payn@null.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:21:35 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Michael Walter:
>Also, I turned the heater hose control away from the battery and started
>the car. When I shut the car off and returned under the hood, I found a
>small puddle of antifreeze under the heater core. It looks like the control
>valve is causing the leak. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

So far, I've found that driving a black car with black vinyl top and seats
with an engine two inches from your kneecaps is more than enough of a
heater. But then I live in LA.

Anyway, this thread got me wondering about what the fan blows if the heater
is off. Is it outside-temperature air? That could be useful on 80-degree
days where for whatever reason I don't want to take the top down (like when
driving to work with a stack of papers in the passenger seat).

So I turned on my fan, and nothing happened. It may just be the switch--it
doesn't really snap into place, it just rocks smoothly back and forth
between the on and off positions. But it could be something more serious.

>Also, I dn't know if it is related, the left front turn signal is not
>working, and neither the front nor rear hazard flashers flash on the left
>side.

My turn signals both work, but when I put the hazards on, the left flashes
at double speed and the right doesn't flash. I'm afraid to look into it....

Andy Payn
76 Midget