Car Stereo - Ugh!

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car Stereo - Ugh!
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:47:16 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dear List:

How's this for a problem...

I installed a 5.75 inch Kenwood Radio/Tape player in the '74 Midget,
reassembled the center console turuned it on, and it worked!  Now for the
odd part (perhaps some Lucas demon or a gremlin has posessed the car).

When I started driving around, the first time I used the turn signal, the
radio started blinking as well.  When the green arrow flashes, the radio
goes off and on in exact sync.

Grrrr....

What have I done?  Is this a common Lucas related mistake?  Did I just hook
in to the wrong power source?  Did I inadvertantly wire through the blinker
instead of the ignition?  Since its too late tonight to bother with it, does
anyone have any suggestions for tomorrow?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com