Undercoating summary

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Undercoating summary
From: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu (Glen Byrns)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 18:58:52 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thank you all for the replies on undercoating.  It sounds like if you don't
get it so thick that it can pull off in sheets or chunks that it works
pretty well.
since the first of the wheel wells was fully stripped and painted I went ahead
and sprayed it on this morning.  Dried quick, looks great.
        One note to the lister who advocated fiberglass: I spent two days
pulling the fiberglass out of the floorpans on my bugeye.  It had not bound all
that well and water and oil had intercalated between the pan and the glass.
what a stinky mess!  Luckily the oil came in first and protected the metal
from the water fo follow.
                                Best regards, Glen Byrns