Re: wiper motor wiring and cable

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wiper motor wiring and cable
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:01:19 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi, Ric --

Having several later style wiper motors, none of which will park the wipers
on my '73 Midget,  I disassembled a few to investigate and did some
continuity testing on the switching to try to figure out the internal
operation.  I believe this is the way it works:

With reference to your diagram, #1 is ground (black wire), connected to the
blue wire of the wiper motor; #2 is power input to the wiper motor through
the wiper switch and the internal parking switch (brown/light green wire) ;
#3 is power input to the wiper motor through the windshield wiper switch
(high speed?), connected to the motor yellow wire; #4 is power input to the
wiper motor through the internal parking switch (green/pink wire); #5 is
power input to the wiper motor through the wiper switch (low speed?),
connected to the motor red wire.

P.S., the reason none of my wiper motors park the wipers is that the
internal parking switch has failed in all of them.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain